Makes 12 pieces
- 8 tbsp butter
- 115 g. SUCHERO Low Glycemic Natural Sweetener
- juice & finely grated rind of 1 small orange
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 175 g. carrots, grated
- 25 g. walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 280 g. soft cream cheese
- 4 tbsp SUCHERO Low Glycemic Natural Sweetener
- grated rind of 1 large orange
1. Put 12 cupcake papers in a muffin tray.
2. Put the butter, Suchero and orange rind in a bowl, beating together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beat well after each addition. Next, add the walnuts and orange juice. Then sift in the flour and baking powder. Using a metal spoon, fold into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake papers.
3. In a preheated oven at 350°F, bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. To make the frosting, put the soft cream cheese, Suchero and orange rind in a bowl, beating together until well mixed.
5. Stir any of the remaining rum and coffee mixture into the remaining cheese mixture and spoon over the 4 glasses.
6. Once cupcakes are cold, swirl a little frosting on top of each using a round-bladed knife. Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator until ready to serve.