by Vicky-Rose Pacheco
• 3 kilos beef short ribs, 3* cut
• 30 grams rock salt
• 15 grams freshly ground black pepper
For the marinade:
• 200 grams SUCHERO Organic Natural Sweetener
• 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
• 1 cup Japanese Mitsukan vinegar
• 60 grams garlic, chopped
• 1/2 cup ginger juice
• 1 1/2 cup barbecue marinade
For the sauce:
• 100 grams SUCHERO Organic Natural Sweetener
1. Mix together the salt & pepper & rub all over the ribs.
2. Place the ribs in a clean plastic bag & let stand for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Combine together the ingredients of the marinade & puree until smooth, using a blender or a hand blender.
4. Open the plastic bag & pour in the marinade. Tightly knot it again & marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Take a wide casserole & arrange the ribs layer by layer, pouring the marinade over it.
6. Cook, covered over low fire until tender, about 3 to 4 hours.
7. When fork tender, drain & strain the cooking juices into a saucepan & cover the pot with the meat.
8. Add the barbecue marinade & the 100 grams Suchero Organic Natural Sweetener to the strained cooking juices & simmer for 10 minutes until the flavor has body. You may add water as you deem necessary.
Banana Walnut Bread
by Bernard Banares
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup SUCHERO Organic Natural Sweetener
• 1 egg
• 1/2 evaporated milk
• 1 tsp calamansi juice
• 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 cup mashed ripe banana
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Cream butter.
2. Add sugar & egg.
3. Add flour alternate of milk with Suchero Organic Natural Sweetener & calamansi.
4. Add mashed banana.
5. Add chopped walnuts.
6. Bake at 325ºF for 90 minutes or until it’s done.
Tuna Pasta in Sweet Red Sauce
by Gina Yambot
• 50C grams spaghetti noodles
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 4 garlic heads
• 1 medium onion, minced
• 500g ripe tomatoes, seeded & boiled
• 1 tbsp SUCHERO Organic Natural Sweetener
• 25 grams basil leaves
• 2 cans tuna
• 1/2 tsp chili flakes
• salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook spaghetti noodles. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Saute onions until soft. Add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add Suchero Organic Natural Sweetener. Increase heat & add tomatoes. Cook until soft. Reduce heat & add basil then tuna. Season with salt & pepper. Add chili flakes.
3. Garnish with basil leaves & tuna chunks.